Tuesday 29 January 2013

Football Sim: Predictions for 29-Jan-13

OK, here they are! The first time I've let the football simulator loose in public, on games that haven't actually been played yet. Sounds like a recipe for disaster to me, but let's do it anyway.

If you've got no idea what I'm talking about, read this first.



A few things to be aware of... (in other words, here are my get out clauses, terms and conditions, caveats, call them what you like...)

I got the teams' predicted starting line-ups here.

Your guess is as good as mine (or Fantasy Football Scout's) what Newcastle's starting line-up is going to be.

I've made the new NUFC Frenchmen into completely average players for the purposes of the sim. They might be better than that and they might be worse!

As per my big "season so far" post yesterday, the model calls winners correctly around 50% of the time on average. Follow my tips at your own risk...

It gets exact scores right, around 10% of the time.

Both of those mean that for betting, it seems to just about break even (but not quite). I'm working on it.

That Sunderland prediction looks a little too heavily skewed to a home win for my liking.

But I'm off to put a bet on it anyway.

No comments: